Best Beauty Buy: Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk Foundation

Tuesday, 9 May 2017

Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk Foundation Review
In today's post I'm talking about a seasonal makeup swap.  With the weather getting (marginally) warmer, I've been reaching for a base with more lasting power on my oily prone skin.  I repurchased Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk Foundation.  I had forgotten how much I loved this!

The light fluid feels weightless and is barely detectable on the skin yet it provides excellent medium coverage.  You may need to go back in with concealer for any serious redness or blemishes.  I like that it enhances and adds life to a lack lustre complexion rather than completely masking it.  Not overtly matte, this has more of a satin finish.  It never looks flat or dull but imparts a beautiful, soft focus, second skin, blurring effect coupled with a lit from within luminosity.  While it doesn't last all day, it is well into late afternoon before I'm considering touching up with powder or blotting paper.  Shade 4 is the perfect match for my skin tone.  While I wear a separate dedicated SPF, I like that this is included. Although it does make for minor flashback in photos!  This applies like a dream with both my fingers, brushes or beauty blenders alike and blends seamlessly into the skin.  While the foundation is oil free, it is silicone heavy and does contain alcohol and fragrance.  Thankfully, I haven't experienced any issues with breakouts or sensitivity.  

Rekindled love.  I remember now why this is an old favourite and a Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk Foundation is one that definitely lives up to its name!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations