The Nail File #30: Festive Five Nail Edit

Sunday, 15 December 2013























You all know how I'm a neutral nail lover at heart, I sport nude nails year round, I love orange toned reds in the Summer and reach for plums and burgundy shades in Autumn/Winter but Christmas is the one time when get to have a little more fun so today I bring you my Festive Five:

Okay perhaps not very festive but I love the darkness of Nails Inc. Chelsea when I want to vamp it up and to add a bit of drama.  It looks almost black in some lights but has a crimson under tone to it.

Red nails = Christmas to me.  Dior 999 Red Royalty is a gorgeous red creme.  Neither too blue or orange based, a straight up classic red.  A more cool toned option is Essie Twin Sweater Set.  How cute is that name?  A modern classic, this is more of a magenta/brown/red.

If Christmas isn't a time to bring out the shimmer and sparkle, then I don't know when is...  Chanel Le Vernis 529 Graphite is a silvery-pewter with a smooth foil like finish.

Finally, if full on glitter is more your thing Butter London Westend Wonderland is a gorgeous classic gold glitter, that isn't a nightmare to remove.

4 comments :

  1. Gorgeous choices! I have a similar Essie polish called Russian Roulette. And I looove Butter London...just wish it was cheaper ;)

    xx -b.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations