The Lips #21: The Festive Five Lipstick Edit

Tuesday, 17 December 2013

When it comes to Christmas cosmetics, if there was ever a time and a place for a red lip, Christmas is it. So here are the options vying to be picked to finish off my festive look on the day...

YSL Rouge Pur Couture # 13 this is a gorgeous bright but wearable blue based orange toned red.  This has a satin finish which feels hydrating to wear but transfers easily and therefore may not withstand any moments under the mistletoe...

NARS Heatwave another more orange/red offering, this has a creamy formula that glides on easily but with more of a semi matte texture.  On me this lasts a good few hours and is one that leaves a nice stain on fading.  A suits all rouge.

Tom Ford Wild Ginger is a highly pigmented yet comfortable to wear lightweight pick.  The orange/red hue makes my teeth look whiter too!  Full coverage in one swipe and again one that lasts several hours before any touch up is required.  

MAC Russian Red not too cool or warm this straight up red shade has impressive wear time, this typically lasts a good 5 hours on me.  While it has a matte finish, I don't find it as drying as other matte MAC lipsticks.

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl a blue based cherry red, this applies beautifully no tugging or pulling.  One to withstand Christmas dinner! These lip pencils provide opaque colour that does not budge. 

Predictable maybe, but a classic none the less, these are the additions to my red lip round up.  What will be on your festive face?

9 comments :

  1. Dragon Girl is absolutely beautiful. I love red lips
    Roshni’s Journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely festive colours. The NARS lip pencil looks like a beautiful rich colour.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sections!! Would love to try Tom fords lipsticks!! heard great things about it!! :)

    xx Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having a read! They are things of beauty :)

      Delete
  4. OOOoooo...some new reds to try! Obsessed w/ Dragon Girl, I think it belongs in every makeup bag. I'm going to try the Tom Ford one, all about the whiter teeth hehe ;) Thanks for the recommendations! XO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me know if you pick it up, it's fab! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Mac's lipsticks and Nar's velvet pencils. I really want to try the YSL Rogue lipsticks though, but they are so pricey compared to Mac.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations