The Makeup #4: Tom Ford Extreme Mascara

Wednesday, 13 February 2013




If you have followed my ramblings for a while now, you will know that I definitely lean towards more higher end products but for things like mascara and concealer, you can pick up ones in Boots/Superdrug that are just as good, if not better than their more spendy counterparts.

Which is why I was chuffed to receive the Tom Ford Extreme Mascara as a present because at £32 / €34, I would never have bought this for myself!  Actually I probably would have but felt guilty afterwards - promise :)


I’m a sucker for nice packaging with the signature dark brown with gold accents on the tube but of course that’s not enough!  Black 01 Raven is the only one Mr. Ford offers.  The brush is medium sized and tapers out and has natural fibre bristles, I‘m not too keen on the plastic ones.  This is very pigmented and the formula is good.  I think it gets better as the mascara gets older and it dries slightly.  Once applied it doesn’t clump, smudge (impressive with my oily lids) flake or leave lashes feeling crispy!  I find that this lengthens and defines lashes rather than adding volume or curl.  Perhaps better for day time or I use this along with my trusted eyelash curler for nights out.  


I’ve a lot of things to be thankful for but naturally long fluttery eyelashes ain’t one!  I’ve heard that Revlon have one that is quite similar, have any of you tried this?

18 comments :

  1. Your blog is really lovely! Such great posts :D

    Would love a visit back :D
    My blog: "Ice Cream" whispers Clara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah cheers for that, I'll check yours out now :)

      Delete
  2. I have just had a Tom Ford splurge eep!! I love the products and this sounds tempting but I dead fussy with mascara as it is :) Would you re-purchase?

    Siobhan xxx

    www.glitter-x-couture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh jealous of your splurge! I would! I'd prob cry a little as I hand over the cash as it's pricey but I'd rather have this and use it daily than several cheaper ones, I don't like as much :)

      Delete
  3. I just bought a no7 mascara and my nan thought I was wearing falsies!! Xx

    1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to check No.7 out next :)

      Delete
  4. wow i would feel guilty if I spent that much on a mascara! thanks for the review!

    http://sindy-ng.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully it was a gift, it's pricey isn't it :)

      Delete
  5. You lucky girl getting this as a gift! The bristles do look very good and full which I really like. Great review - thanks for sharing.

    Lindsey. x
    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I much prefer them to the plastic ones. Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  6. Nice!

    WITH LOVE,
    LINSEY / POSE-BLOG.COM

    (P.S. HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the mascara!


    It will mean a lot if you have time to check my blog and maybe follow us if you like it ?

    Hope to see you soon on it

    X

    Emily from Pretty Tiny Things

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! Thank you X

    www.fashion-attacks.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations