Biologique Recherche Lotion P50

Monday, 11 February 2013



































You must be all sick of hearing about my skin woes but one product that really helps when my skin is being temperamental and generally acting the maggot is Biologique Recherche Lotion P50.  Briefly mentioned here.  I bought this after reading this impressive testimonial on Caroline Hiron’s website. And if Caroline approves, it must be good!  

“The cornerstone product in the Biologique Recherche line, P50 is an amazing vitamin-enriched exfoliating potion that gently purifies, hydrates, tones, controls sebum and balances the skin, visibly improving many common skin conditions including whiteheads, blackheads and symptoms of rosacea. P50 prepares skin to receive Treatment Stage products by exfoliating and toning.”


This product is much more medicinal and heavy duty than anything else I have ever used.  At first my skin was red and felt dry after using this but once (here comes the science bit) your skin's pH is balanced, the irritation completely goes away and skin is left retexturised, smooth and with less congestion. Definitely the best toner I have used.  After trying this, I don’t think I will ever use manual scrubs again, I much prefer a chemical exfoliant.  I use this twice a day after cleansing.


It comes in three versions - P50 for oily skin, P50V for normal/combination and P50W for drier, mature skin.  I buy this from Sanctum Clinic Dublin.  A 150ml bottle will set you back €45, not only the price, the other thing that had me raise an eyebrow is the dubious scent.  I can only describe it as vinegary nice!  All in the name of beauty eh :)

8 comments :

  1. Sounds great! I love your reviews! ..X

    www.pennyandpolaroids.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm waiting for mine to arrive as they now stock it in Liberty. It's pricey, so I hope it works for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe just use it once a day until your skin gets used to it and as it exfoliates, don't use any harsh scrubs or anything while using it :)

      Delete
  3. Not entirely sure how these super sized bottles have escaped my attention. I get the orginal (contains phenol) shipped from America so it would make much more sense to invest in a bigger bottle. Thanks for the heads up! x Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get it from Liberty now and if you're in the UK, Tosca spa but I think it may have changed slightly. This is my second bottle and it doesn't smell as strong?

      Delete
  4. Yeah, I used to get mine from Toska spa but it stopped tingling and I just thought I'd become a bit immune to it until I read a post of Caroline Hirons (http://www.beautymouth.com/2012/10/p50-and-lack-of-oomph.html). Turns out they'd changed the formula for bottles sold in the EU but you can still get the original in the States. Bit of a faff but I really notice the difference

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like something I should invest in. My skin has been playing up and is looking a little angry and red. It needs a little TLC thats for sure. I will start saving so I can order some of this. Like you say - anything Caroline recommends is a must
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations